Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Post-Operative Treatment at Walker Physical Therapy by Grace Walker Physical Therapist, Walker Physical Therapy, Orange, California 92868

Post-Operative Treatment at Walker Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy is a key aspect of recovery after surgery.
“By increasing the muscle function and range of motion of patients that have undergone recent surgery procedures, we can promote a healthier recovery and minimize potential problems down the road. When we treat a body part it is important that we assess and evaluate the surrounding body parts to ensure maximum function and recovery.” –Doctor of Physical Therapy Grace Walker
Walker Most Common Post-Op PT Treatments
■ Spine Surgery
■ Elbow Surgery
■ Wrist/CT Surgery
■ TMJ/Jaw Surgery
■ TKR &THR
■ Foot and Ankle Surgery
■ Shoulder/RC Surgery
■ Knee Ligament Repair
Post-Operative Program Consists of:
1. Core Strengthening which targets deep trunk muscles to aid in stability.
2. Resistance exercise to increase functional movement.
3. Cardiovascular training to rebuilds stamina which has been shown to reduce pain incidence.
4. Mobility and Flexibility to overcome tension with gentle stretching and soft tissue mobilization.
Success Story: “On September 19, 2006 I had lumbar fusion surgery. I was having trouble walking and a bad balance problem. I needed to return to work the week of Thanksgiving (kind of hard to work when you have difficulty walking). I came in and the team had me walking on my own within a week. I was able to go back to work. With exercises and stretching I feel about 90% better, post surgery. I can’t thank all of you enough for all you’ve done for me. This is a great place. Everyone was helpful and understood my situation. All of you have been the best, and I would recommend Walker Physical Therapy to everyone.”
- D. Drehsen

3 comments:

  1. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. rehabhere.live

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us communicating about health current issues and perspectives ebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful info. Hope to see more posts soon! purell singles advanced hand sanitizer gel 9630 08 ec Top post. I look forward to reading more. Cheers

    ReplyDelete